The Tuckwell Award The ANU Programme is not like any other scholarship programme for undergraduates in Australia. Every year, they give 25 talented high school graduates the chance to reach their full potential by taking part in the best activities that ANU has to offer.
What is Tuckwell Scholarship?
They give talented and motivated students the chance to reach their full potential by giving them financial support, opportunities for personal growth, and development.
Scholars can connect with each other and learn from each other in Scholars House, our home on campus. Scholars are chosen based on their intelligence, character, ability to lead, and how much they care about Australia.
Criteria for eligibility: beginning at ANU in 2024
To apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship to study at ANU starting in 2024, applicants must:
- be able to use ANU Direct Application to apply to study at ANU in 2024.
- Start Year 12 full-time in 2023 and finish it at an Australian school.
- be 17, 18, or 19 years old on February 19, 2024, which is the first day of Semester 1, 2024. This means you were born between February 20, 2004, and February 19, 2007.
- be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or the holder of an Australian humanitarian visa, and have the right Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate, or Visa by May 22, 2023. This year, the deadline for Stage 2 applications is May 22, 2023.
- be predicted by their school to get a 95 or higher on the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR). If a student’s school thinks they will get an ATAR of 90 or above, they can apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship if they are eligible under the Educational Access Scheme (EAS).
- have taken at least one high school English course or unit in at least one semester of Year 11 or Year 12 and at least one high school Maths course or unit in at least one semester of Year 11 or Year 12.
- Putting in an application in 2023 to start at ANU in 2024
Before starting to fill out an application, you should:
Review the Conditions of Award; read the Tuckwell Scholarship Application Guide; talk to a teacher, principal, Head of Year, or careers counsellor about how interested you are in the Scholarship and if you are eligible for it.
To use a Tuckwell Scholarship to start school at ANU in 2024, you must:
- Fill out the ANU Direct Application and send it in as soon as possible, but no later than April 3, 2023.
- Fill out the Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application Form and send it in as soon as you can, but no later than April 12, 2023.
- The ANU Direct Application will ask if you want to apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship, to which you must answer “yes” if you want to apply.
After you send in your ANU Direct Application, you will get an email inviting you to the Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application Form. This will happen within two business days. The sooner you send in your ANU Direct Application, the sooner you can access the Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application Form.
The Tuckwell application has three steps:
Stage 1 starts on March 1, 2023, and ends on April 12, 2023.
In Stage 1, you are asked for information about yourself and what you do outside of school. If, after your application, you are shortlisted for Stage 1, we will ask your Head of Year or equivalent for more information.
Your Head of Year or a person with the same job will only need to give this information if the programme asks for it. This information will be used to pick the 150 candidates who will move on to the next stage.
Stage 2 starts on May 15, 2023, and ends on May 26, 2023.
In Stage 2, you’ll be asked longer questions that show the Selection Panel more about who you are, not just what you’ve done.
It also has a recommendation from your boss. The programme will contact your principal, who will need to give a reference by the May deadline. This information will be used to choose the 50 candidates who will move on to the third stage.
Stage 3 – held 7-9 July 2023
Stage 3 has always been a face-to-face interview at ANU. Details will be sent to those who have been chosen by mid-June.
During the interview, the Selection Panel will learn about you, such as how you best show the Tuckwell attributes and how you are connected to and care about Australia.
The final candidates are chosen based on how well they fit with the programme and how well they fit with the other students. The 25 Tuckwell Scholars for 2024 will be chosen based on this information.
Eligibility Criteria – commencing at ANU in 2024
To apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship for study at ANU commencing in 2024, applicants must:
- be eligible to apply to study at ANU in 2024 via the ANU Direct Application system.
- commence and complete Year 12 full-time in 2023, at a school located in Australia.
- be 17, 18 or 19 years old on 19 February 2024 (born on or between 20 February 2004 and 19 February 2007), being commencement of Semester 1, 2024.
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or the holder of an Australian humanitarian visa, and be in possession of the relevant Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate or Visa by 22 May 2023, being the closing date for Stage 2 applications this year.
- be predicted by their school to achieve an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 95 or higher. Applicants who are eligible for consideration under the Educational Access Scheme (EAS) may apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship if they are predicted by their school to achieve an ATAR of 90 or higher.
- have undertaken:
- at least one high school English course/unit in at least one semester during Year 11 or Year 12; and
- at least one high school Maths course/unit in at least one semester during Year 11 or Year 12.
- Scholars must commence an undergraduate program at ANU in Semester 1, 2024.
- Scholars must adhere to the Tuckwell Scholarship Conditions of Award, as amended from time to time, for the full duration of their Scholarship.
To apply for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, applicants must provide the following documents:
- ANU Direct Application form.
- Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application Form.
- Academic transcript for Year 11 and Year 12.
- Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate, or Visa.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Well written Personal Statement.
- Reference letter from the Principal of the applicant’s current school.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
If you are interested in applying for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, it is important to be aware of the following dates and deadlines:
- ANU Direct Application deadline: 3 April 2023.
- Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application deadline: 12 April 2023.
- Stage 1 longlisting results notification: 28 April 2023.
- Stage 2 application period: 15-26 May 2023.
- Stage 3 in-person interviews: 7-9 July 2023.
The application process for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU involves three stages:
Stage 1: Applicants must complete and submit the ANU Direct Application form.
Stage 2: Applicants who are selected in Stage 1 will be invited to complete the longer questions in Stage 2. This stage gives the Selection Panel insight into who you are in addition to your achievements.
Stage 3: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an in-person interview at ANU.
Mark your calendars: Applications for the 2024 Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU will open on March 1, 2023.
How to Increase Your Scholarship Chances?
To increase your chances of being selected for the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU, here are some tips:
- Focus on your academic performance and aim for a high ATAR score.
- Participate in extra-curricular activities and demonstrate leadership potential.
- Write a compelling personal statement that showcases your character, passion, and commitment to making a positive impact on society.
- Secure a strong reference letter from your Principal or a teacher who knows you well.
- Prepare thoroughly for the in-person interview and demonstrate your alignment with the Tuckwell attributes.
Q: How many scholarships are offered each year?
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU offers 25 scholarships each year.
Q: What is the financial support offered to Tuckwell Scholars?
Tuckwell Scholars receive $24,700 per annum (2023 rate) each year for the length of the undergraduate degree program (studying full-time), to cover on-campus residential costs, books, and general living expenses.
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program at ANU is a unique and prestigious scholarship program that offers a range of benefits and opportunities for high-achieving students who are committed to making a positive impact on society.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying, make sure to submit your application before the deadline and follow the application process carefully. With dedication, hard work, and a strong passion for learning, you could be one of the 25 Tuckwell Scholars selected each year.
PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY READING:
- How To Get Full Access Monash Mentor Scholarship (Complete Guide)
- How To Apply For Egypt Refugee and Vulnerable Migrant Proposals
- How To Apply and Qualify For Youth Ecopreneur Awards 2023
- How To Apply and Qualify For Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships 2023
- 10 Perfect Skills For Scholarship Resume That Really Works Well