The International Committee for Multiple Sclerosis has announced a fantastic new opportunity: the McDonald Fellowships 2023. Are you a citizen of a developing or transitional economy? Do you live or work in a country with a low or middle income? Is there a connection between your area of research and MS?
Are you interested in working for a research organisation in a foreign country? Due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions, would you be interested in working with an international organisation from the comfort of your own country? All expenses paid fellowship created just for those who answer “yes” to the preceding questions. Those interested in furthering their knowledge for the benefit of their suggested research initiatives are strongly urged to apply for this scholarship.
For those without the means to get research experience in international dynamics, the fully-funded international fellowship 2023 is an incredible opportunity. Candidates for this position will be expected to use their acquired knowledge and connections to MS research and patient treatment in developing and middle-income nations.
This fellowship is intended to assist students who have been accepted to a research institution but who are unable to afford the membership dues. There are two types of fellowships available; the MSIF-ECTRIMS McDonald Fellowship is given out in collaboration with the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis. The MSIF-ARSEP McDonald Fellowship is another award given out in conjunction with ARSEP.
The goal of the McDonalds Fellowship 2023 is to disseminate in-depth information about multiple sclerosis (MS) and its various forms, including causes, symptoms, and treatment options. Multiple sclerosis (MS) patients in one country may face different challenges than those in another. While some of these difficulties can be surmounted on a local level, the interdependent nature of our planet necessitates a workable and long-term answer for this problem on a global scale.
To this end, MSIF is committed to collaborating with national MS organisations to develop a comprehensive strategy for meeting the unique healthcare needs of people with MS. Therefore, participation in the organisation will educate you on the resources necessary for making a correct diagnosis and providing effective therapy.
MSIF’s purpose emphasises that all parties involved in MS research should work together to enhance the quality of life for MS patients worldwide. The MSIF is predicated on five main goals that it hopes to accomplish in the next years. The first is the shift towards more progressive thought and action.
The second is making choices with self-assurance and knowledge. The third is progress in science and medicine. Increased availability of quality medical care is the fourth priority. Fifth, strengthen and expand the MSIF movement. MSIF has constructed a state-of-the-art system, raised financing for MS research, bolstered MS-specific organisations, and expanded MS-related networks in order to accomplish these goals.
McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- Can be a Neighbouring country or the participant’s home country
- Institute can be outside the home country or institute of the participant’s home country
Eligible Degree Level:
Duration of 2023 McDonald Fellowship:
- 2 years
Benefits of McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- The fellowship will provide around £30,000 GBP per year. The amount will be used to cover travel and living costs.
- an additional contribution of £2,000 GBP per year to the host institution
- Enrich the knowledge of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Helps come up with effective possible solutions to overcome MS.
- Professional development is ensured.
- International collaboration is encouraged.
- Social networking is enhanced.
Eligibility Criteria of McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- Applicant must be educated to Postgraduate (Ph.D. and Master’s, including MSc or MD) in an area related to multiple sclerosis.
- Citizens of a low or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank).
- Working or studying in a low or middle-income country (as defined by World Bank).
- The area of research should be relevant to multiple sclerosis.
- Studying in another country on a project, supported by an MSIF grant.
- Working on a project in a research institute or hospital abroad or in-home country or working on a virtual project.
- You can check eligibility by searching for the field of work or discipline available on the website.
How to Apply For McDonald Fellowships 2023?
- Students have to apply through the official website of MSIF.
- First, check the eligibility.
- Ensure to provide the supporting documents, required for the application form.
- Ensure to fill up the required fields.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.
Selection Criteria for the MS Fully-Funded Fellowship 2023:
- The decision of the Panel of MSF’s McDonald Fellowship.
Documents required for the McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- Supporting statement.
- Details of 3 referees, including the applicant’s supervisor or employer.
- Study plan in case of the virtual association.
- The application deadline for the fellowship is till June 30, 2023.