The White House announced the U.S.–Pacific Institute for Rising Leaders Fellowship at the first-ever U.S.–Pacific Island Country Summit in September 2022.
In the fall of 2023, mid-career leaders from Pacific Island countries and territories will come to the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington for a four-week leadership development programme.
- Fellows will learn about leadership and making decisions, and they will also take part in programmes that help them learn more about important international problems like climate, development, public health, and maritime topics.
- The programme will have both classroom and extracurricular activities to help future leaders build these skills. It will use faculty from Johns Hopkins SAIS and other parts of the university, as well as well-known thought leaders from the public and private sectors.
- This fellowship is fully paid for, and the costs of economy travel, housing, food, visas, and programme activities will be covered.
Criteria for eligibility
Leaders in their mid-careers who have done well in the public, private, or non-profit fields should be invited. Nominees who are a good fit will usually have at least seven years of related work experience and a track record of being a leader. Participants must be able to read and speak English well.
Johns Hopkins SAIS will bring together a group of very smart people to choose up to two people from each of the Pacific Island countries and regions. The panel will work closely with government officials in the area, the Department of State, and other key experts and stakeholders.
Governments and other groups with an interest in this Fellowship are urged to suggest candidates. As the selection committee tries to put together a group of people who represent the diversity of Pacific Island countries and territories, they welcome suggestions of outstanding women or people from underrepresented groups.
PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY READING;
- How To Apply and Qualify For Global Africa Translation Fellowship Program 2024
- How To Apply For Professional Fellows Program on Inclusive Civic Engagement
- How To Easily Apply for Leading The Pacific Scholarship 2023
- How To Apply and Qualify For Minority Fellowship Program in the US 2023
- How To Qualify for Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative Fellowship Program 2023