The Carpathian Foundation’s Crisis Fund is now accepting applications to respond to crisis situations in eastern Slovakia.
Emphasis of Support
The objective of the Crisis Fund of the Carpathian Foundation’s appeal is to assist non-governmental organisations and institutions in eastern Slovakia in assisting Ukrainians fleeing the war.
The aid must be humanitarian or integration aid, i.e. a response to a state of emergency caused by an extraordinary event, or it must substantially support the integration of refugees into Slovakian society, in particular through:
- Material support; Legal, social, and/or psychological support
Fostering the integration of social dissidents into the educational system, the labour market, and businesses
- Support for security and human trafficking prevention;
- Assistance to particularly vulnerable groups (people with health impairments, Roma, and foreign nationals fleeing Ukraine);
- Assistance in developing the personnel capacities of organisations that have demonstrated success in assisting Ukrainian refugees.
- The activities funded by this grant must be carried out on the territory of eastern Slovakia, and assistance must be restricted to Ukrainian refugees who fled to Slovakia before the outbreak of conflict.
The grant may not increase funds drawn from other projects supported by Carpathian Foundation programmes (the support of the project in this call may not increase the budget of another project whose implementation is ongoing and which was/is supported by the Carpathian Foundation in another grant programme).
- The total expenditure for the programme amounts to €80,000.
- Minimum funding for a single initiative is 5,000 euros.
- The maximum sum of financial assistance per project is €15,000.
Note: The grant cannot increase the funds drawn from other projects supported by Carpathian Foundation programmes (the support of the project in this call cannot increase the budget of another project whose implementation is ongoing and which was/is supported by the Carpathian Foundation in another grant programme).
Nongovernmental non-profit organisations and institutions operating in eastern Slovakia that have demonstrably assisted and continue to assist Ukrainian refugees are eligible to apply for funding. Civil associations registered, as amended; nonprofits providing generally beneficial services registered, as amended.
Non-investment funds registered, as revised; registered foundationsUniversities, secondary institutions, and elementary schools in the regions of Koice and Preov; the Slovak Red Cross, as amended.
- All submissions will be evaluated based on their adherence to the call’s fundamental criteria, including eligibility of the applicant, the area of support, and other formal requirements.
- The Carpathian Foundation will then evaluate, from a content perspective, those projects that satisfy the basic criteria. – Eligibility of expenses with respect to current needs, quality, and scope of assistance – Priority will be given to applicants covering urgent needs and those who are already implementing systematic support for the target group.
- Only Ukrainians relocating to Slovakia as a result of the civil strife in Ukraine are eligible for assistance.
- This grant requires that the organisation’s activities be carried out on the territory of eastern Slovakia.
The funds provided by this solicitation must be exhausted by December 31, 2023.
After the completion of the project, the successful applicant will email the final report along with the financial statement in a predetermined format.
The Carpathian Foundation reserves the right to deny support to applicants whose actions and activities are inconsistent with the mission and policies of the Carpathian Foundation, including the Code of Ethics of the Carpathian Foundation and the Policy for the Protection of Children’s Rights, or if the organisation’s activities are in conflict with the law and good morals.
For further details, please visit Carpathian Foundation.
Deadline: 21st April 2023