Do you want to learn about all the things that could happen? Then, applications for the Goonj Urban and Grassroots Fellowships for 2023–2024 are now being accepted.
“Right now, India doesn’t need more thinkers, it needs more doers,” said Goonj’s founder, Anshu Gupta. Goonj is looking for people with a strong desire to make a change. If you’re sick of thinking about problems and want to do something, this Fellowship is for you.
Urban Fellowship Goonj
Goonj Fellowship is an immersion experience for young graduates and professionals to learn how to work on problems in the real world. It is also a chance to see how things really are in India.
The idea behind this Fellowship was to get young people in the country to act instead of just think. The goal is to show them the problems, issues, and challenges that occur in the communities.
It is a place where they can work together to solve problems and learn more about the environment through the work they do. The goal is to bring together enthusiastic people who want to make a difference in the world.
One Year’s Biggest Lessons:
- Getting smarter and forgetting
- Material management
- Leadership and working out problems
- Public speech and talking with people.
- Getting into the real world
- During the immersion part, fellows will. work on making maps of certain urban and rural areas to learn more about how they live.
- By going to the field areas of the organisation to find out what the main problems are, they can watch and interact with the people there.
- Fellows have the chance to find out more about what they are interested in and make a plan for themselves that they then follow.
The plan for the whole year includes:
- During the urban phase, Fellows will be involved in a wide range of urban projects, events, and Goonj operations, such as running urban campaigns.
- A great chance to see how partners, stakeholders, and urban areas work together.
- During the rural phase, fellows will be thrown into the programmes and activities in rural areas. To learn from local information and traditional wisdom, which is what the goals are all about.
- Self-exploration phase is a unique time to do some soul-searching and figure out what you’re interested in or what you’re excited about. During the whole fellowship process, experts in the social sector from Goonj and other groups try to help guide peers. And there are regular review meetings where fellows can talk about their experiences, what they’ve learned, the challenges they’ve faced, and how they’ve grown as people, as well as make plans for the next part.
The Goonj Grassroots Fellowship
With its Grassroots Fellowship, Goonj wants to reach out to the strong kids of Grassroots and give them a place to grow and get better.
Its goal is to recognise what they bring to the world, such as their natural understanding of people, their ability to work in hard situations, and their desire to make the world a better place for their own future and the future of society as a whole.
Because they are so dedicated to making the change they want to see, it is important to work closely with them on their personal and professional growth. This way, development work in the future will have the skills, attitude, and drive to solve the problems of today for future generations.
Most important points:
Develop a deep understanding of things like building infrastructure, menstrual health, education, ways to make a living, disaster aid and recovery, etc.
Work with tactical and field teams from Goonj that are spread out across 27 States and Union territories.
Visit other grassroots groups and learn from experts in the field. Get hands-on training in important skills like communication, financial planning, monitoring and evaluating, etc.
- The Grassroots Fellows of Goonj are:
- Empathy and a strong will.
- Being quick to act.
- Kindness and humility.
- Value for the information and wisdom of the area.
- Ability to make things happen in the neighbourhood.
Details about prizes
You would get a salary of Rs 20,000 from Goonj.
Criteria for eligibility
- Urban Fellowship Goonj
- Young and full of energy
- Even though age is just a number, you should be between the ages of 21 and 30 by July 31, 2023.
- Goonj wants you to learn as much as you can, but by July 31, 2023, you should have finished.
- Speak from the heart.
- Basic speaking skills in both English and Hindi(reading, writing and speaking).
- able to use technology well
- You should know how to use Ms. Office and other tools.
This You could be anywhere from north to west to south to east.
During the Fellowship trip, you could be sent to any office in Goonj city. During the time of the Fellowship, the site could change. Most of your work for the group would be in cities, but you would also spend some time in rural areas.
Are you ready for problems?
Since this Fellowship is meant to change you and get you out of your comfort zone, Goonj wants you to come with an open mind and be ready to take on challenges like immediate travel, doing more than one thing at once, and living in a rural area.
It’s all about words and points of view.
Fellows in the Fellowship cohort come from all over India and come from different backgrounds. Goonj wants you to be humble and care about each other. Come with eyes that are open to others and a language that shows respect.
Goonj embraces and support all
This is a friendship for everyone. Goonj looks at people from all walks of life, including those who are transgender, gay, or from other minority groups.
Not everything that looks good is worth money.
People are often surprised by how harsh the truth is. Goonj wants you to have a mind that will help you explore and understand the rawness of the society and the field.
Adventure is everywhere, from bullock-carts to tongas.
The trip takes 12 months and is hard because you have to use public transportation and take on duties with the rest of the team.
Not a job, but a passion.
Goonj sees itself as a movement, so working with them is more about working with ideals and beliefs than with a job mindset.
The Goonj Grassroots Fellowship
They were young and full of life.
Even though age is just a number, you have to be between 21 and 30 on July 31, 2023.
Be socially aware through it all.
Goonj hopes you will finish school by July 31, 2023.
Talk from the Heart
Basic speaking skills in both English and Hindi (reading, writing and speaking).
Skilled with tech
MS Office and other tools are part of basic computer skills.
More Information: You can be anywhere from north to south, because Fellowship Travel can put you in any building in Goonj City. During the fellowship, it is possible that the site will change. You will do most of your work in the city, but you will also do some work in the country from time to time. Are you ready for the challenges?
As this fellowship is meant to help you grow and get you out of your comfort zone, Goonj expects you to come with an open mind and be ready to take on challenges like urgent travel, multitasking, and working in a rural setting. It’s a matter of language and attitude. Fellowship groups are made up of fellows from all over India with different backgrounds.
Goonj expects you to be polite and understanding to each other. Come with an open mind and a respectful tone. Goonj supports and welcomes everyone; this is a fellowship for everyone. Goonj looks at applicants from all walks of life, including those who are transgender, gay, or from other minority groups. Not everything that looks good is true; harsh truths are often hard to predict. Goonj expects you to leave with a mindset that will help you explore and understand the rawness of the society and sector.
From bullock cart to tonga, the adventure continues: 12 months of hard work where you will be expected to travel in most local modes of transport and take on responsibilities with the team.It’s not a job, it’s an enterprise – Goonj sees itself as a movement, so working with Goonj means working with ideals and values more than with a Job mindset.
Deadline: 25th May 2023