Are you a woman who started a business and want to speed it up? Don’t pass up the chance to take part in The Capital Network’s free Female Founder Fellowship programme for 6 months.
They know the problems that Female Founders face. They know how hard it is for female founders to get money based on the numbers. They know that training, tools, connections, building confidence, and a strong support system can help female founders.
So, they made this 6+ month programme for first-time female owners who want to get their first outside funding. When they help each other, they can change the startup environment so that female founders can do well in it.
This Fellowship has been around since 2016 and was started in Boston, Massachusetts. It has a Fundraising Readiness program, a structured curriculum, mentoring and accountability buddies, legal and leadership coaching, and tools to help you Own Your Raise!
- Fellows have access to: 6 months of fundraising and strategy bootcamps, workshops, panel discussions, group sessions, and peer and mentor support Office hours with investors, industry experts, and experienced entrepreneurs Pitch workshopping with feedback from investors Leadership coaching and one-on-one mentoring Legal advice and resources from Mintz
- Fellows gain the confidence to: Own Your Story: Make a clear outline of your story and learn how to tell it well. Gain confidence in public speaking and pitching. Own Your Numbers: Get a clear understanding of your finances and growth strategies. Gain confidence in using numbers to tell the story of your business. Own Your Network: Build a national network of supportive entrepreneurs, mentors, and investors. Meet your future partners, investors, and confidants. Own Your Raise: Raise money for your business.
What they want to find?
They look for founders who have a clear vision for their businesses, know their market, customers, and business plan, and want to raise their first outside capital in the next 6 to 12 months.
They want to connect founders who wouldn’t otherwise have access to the networks and tools they need to raise money.
Please remember that this is a very popular programme with a small number of spots. They are looking for people who are committed to actively participating in the learning material, mentorship program, and building of a community, which makes the experience better for everyone. This means spending about 13 hours a month on Fellowship-related events (most of the programming will happen in the second week of each month).
Criteria for eligibility
- You’re the female founder and CEO of a US-based startup. In the next 6 to 12 months, you want to raise your first outside money.
- You run a US-based, for-profit, scalable startup that is qualified for institutional investments from angel investors, venture capital or private equity firms, etc. The Fellowship is not right for 501(c)3s, brick-and-mortar shops, or consulting businesses.
- Your startup is past the idea stage and is ready to raise money now or will be in the next six to twelve months.
- You’re ready and willing to dive into the chances this Fellowship gives you, and you plan to be an active part of the programme to learn from The Capital Network’s community and then give back to it.
Deadline: 10th April 2023