Is the CHED Scholarship for 2024 to 2025 Open?
According to our findings, the scholarship application for SY 2023-2024 is now closed. However, those aiming to qualify for SY 2024-2025 should wait for announcements from the official CHED website and social media channels. This means that students who want to apply for the CHED scholarship for 2023 to 2024 are no longer eligible to do so.
What Are the Qualifications for the CHED Scholarship?
To qualify for the CHED scholarship, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must have a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- Must be a member of a family whose gross annual income does not exceed Php 400,000.00
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grant
- Must not have taken any previous college units
What Are the Benefits of the CHED Scholarship?
The CHED scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Full tuition and other school fees
- Monthly stipend of Php 5,000.00
- Book allowance of Php 5,000.00 per semester
- Transportation allowance of Php 3,000.00 per semester for those studying outside of their home province
- Can Teachers Post Pictures of Students on Social Media
- Can Teachers Date Each Other? What You Must Know
- Can Teachers Date Parents? All You Need To Know
- How Much Does Udemy Cost? The Complete 2023 Pricing Guide
- Does Course Hero Notify Your School? All You Need To Know
Here are some related FAQs that may provide additional information on this topic:
1. What other scholarships are available in the Philippines?
Aside from the CHED scholarship, there are other scholarships available in the Philippines, such as the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) scholarship, the Iskolar ng Bayan program, and the Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA) program
2. Can international students apply for the CHED scholarship?
No, the CHED scholarship is only available to Filipino citizens
3. How can I apply for the CHED scholarship?
To apply for the CHED scholarship, students must submit the following requirements:
- Accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application Form
- High school report card (Form 138)
- Certificate of good moral character from the high school principal or guidance counselor
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of indigency from the barangay
- Latest income tax return (ITR) of parents or guardian or certificate of tax exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Certificate of non-employment of parents or guardian from the barangay
- Two 2×2 ID pictures
4. Can I apply for the CHED scholarship even if I am already enrolled in college?
No, students who have already taken college units are not eligible for the CHED scholarship
5. What courses are covered by the CHED scholarship?
The CHED scholarship covers courses in the following fields:
- Engineering and Technology
- Science and Mathematics
- Information Technology Education
In conclusion, the CHED scholarship for 2023 to 2024 is no longer open, but students who want to apply for the scholarship for the next academic year should wait for announcements from the official CHED website and social media channels.