Are you an impact entrepreneur looking for a group of people who will see, challenge, and back you and your vision? If so, you should apply for the Halcyon Climate Resilience in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Intensive Fellowship Program.
The new fellowship from Halcyon is for entrepreneurs who want to build climate resilience in Latin America and the Caribbean. This is to fight the effects of climate change on poverty, food insecurity, health disparities, and displacement, which mostly affect people who are already weak. Here are just a few examples:
- Solutions based on nature that make people more resilient and help them make a living
- Solutions for health that take into account the effects of climate change (e.g., supporting air quality, early detection of emerging infectious disease, etc.)
- Financial tools that make it easier to deal with changes caused by climate change
- Energy options that have less of an effect on health and make it easier to breathe clean air
- The programming will be done in a mixed way, with three online meetings, a one-week in-person residency at Halcyon in August, and a one-week in-person residency in Mexico City in October.
- A $5,000 USD equity-free stipend per company to pay for travel to the residencies.
- One week at Halcyon’s grounds in Georgetown, Washington, DC.
- One week of living in Mexico City, with an event at the end where each business gives a pitch and connects with investors, mentors, and the media.
- Free classes that help businesses get ready for investors and focus on finding customers and making sure their products are ethical.
- Helping the founder grow as a leader
- Practice telling stories and making pitches
- Access to pro bono legal help
- Credits worth $25,000 USD for the Amazon Cloud
- Join a group of more than 300 businesses who want to make a difference.
Criteria for eligibility
- To get this grant, you must:
You must live in Latin America or the Caribbean, or your business must be based there.
- The applicant must be the CEO or the person with the most power to make decisions about the business’s growth and strategic direction.
- Must be able to commit to working on the project full-time during the residency stages. (July 31- August 4, 2023 in DC and October 16-20 in Mexico City)
- Must be able to attend video meetings once a month and in-person programmes in Washington, DC, and Mexico City.
- Must speak English well.
- Must be at least 21 years old when the programme starts.
- You can apply on your own or with up to one Co-Founder who also meets the standards listed above.
- Must be ready to help the other people in the Halcyon community grow and improve.
For your project to be qualified for this fellowship, it must:
- Must be a thought that came from the person applying.(s)
Your business must focus on nature-based, health-based, financial tools, or energy-based solutions to make the area more resilient to climate change.
- Must be at the MVP (Most Viable Product) stage.
- Must be a separate or independent project that is not run by a current organisation.
- Must have a plan for a long-term way to make money by selling a core product or service
- Must be a for-profit or mixed business whose main goal is to make social and/or environmental changes that can be measured.
- May not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit business
Deadline: 28th April 2023