Looking to kickstart your academic journey with an edge? Look no further than Monash Mentor Scholarships, a golden opportunity for aspiring students to unlock their full potential! Monash University, one of the world’s leading institutions, offers this prestigious scholarship program to recognize and support outstanding students who demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, innovative thinking, and a passion for making a positive impact in their chosen fields.
With a blend of financial support, mentorship, and exclusive access to a thriving community of scholars, Monash Mentor Scholarships open doors to endless possibilities for success.
Join us as we delve into the exciting world of Monash Mentor Scholarships and discover how this transformative program can set you on a path to excellence!
Monash Mentor Scholarships
The Monash Mentor Scholarship honours Access Monash Mentoring students. Mentoring underrepresented secondary school students allows mentors to develop employability skills.
This scholarship is available to commencing and current students with an ATAR of at least 80.00. Under-represented students will be given priority for the Monash Mentor Scholarship, which supports students who may not otherwise volunteer.
Through the Achieving Potential fund, Monash alumni and supporters have donated more scholarships.
- Scholarship total
Up to $3,000
Funding determines number.
What is Monash Mentoring?
Monash Mentoring is a comprehensive program that pairs students with experienced mentors who provide guidance and support throughout their academic journey. Mentors are typically Monash alumni or industry professionals who can share their knowledge, expertise, and real-world experiences with students, helping them develop crucial skills, insights, and networks for their future careers.
Benefits of Monash Mentoring
Monash Mentoring offers a wide range of benefits for students, including:
- Personalized Guidance: Mentors provide one-on-one guidance and advice tailored to your unique needs, interests, and goals. They can help you navigate challenges, provide career guidance, and offer practical advice on academic and professional matters.
- Networking Opportunities: Mentors can introduce you to their professional networks, providing opportunities for internships, networking events, and industry insights. This can greatly enhance your career prospects and help you build valuable connections in your field of study.
- Professional Development: Mentors can provide feedback on your skills, resume, and career strategies, helping you develop important professional skills and strategies for success in your chosen field.
- Personal Growth: Mentors can offer insights on personal development, leadership skills, and self-reflection, helping you become a well-rounded individual and a future leader in your field.
- Enhanced Academic Performance: Mentors can provide guidance on study techniques, time management, and exam preparation, helping you excel academically and achieve your academic goals.
How to Make the Most of Monash Mentoring
To make the most of Monash Mentoring, consider the following tips:
- Set Clear Goals: Define your goals and expectations for the mentoring relationship. Discuss them with your mentor to ensure that you both are on the same page and working towards the same objectives.
- Be Proactive: Take the initiative to schedule regular meetings with your mentor, come prepared with questions, and actively seek advice and feedback. Be proactive in utilizing the mentorship opportunity to its fullest potential.
- Be Open to Feedback: Be open to constructive feedback from your mentor and use it to improve your skills, knowledge, and performance. Be receptive to new ideas and perspectives and willing to step out of your comfort zone to try new things.
- Build a Relationship: Build a strong relationship with your mentor by getting to know them personally, sharing your interests, and showing appreciation for their time and effort. A strong relationship can lead to long-term benefits, including future networking opportunities and references.
- Follow Through: Follow through on the advice and guidance provided by your mentor. Take action on their suggestions and implement them in your academic and professional pursuits.
Monash Mentoring is a valuable opportunity for students to receive guidance, support, and insights from experienced mentors. By taking advantage of this program, students can develop crucial skills, build valuable connections, and enhance their academic and professional performance.
Monash Relocation Scholarship – Financial Assistance for Moving to Monash
Moving to a new city for university can be a daunting task, both financially and emotionally. To support students who may face financial difficulties in moving to Monash, the university offers the Monash Relocation Scholarship. In this article, we’ll explore what the scholarship entails, who is eligible to apply, and how to apply for the scholarship.
What is the Monash Relocation Scholarship?
The Monash Relocation Scholarship is a financial assistance program designed to support students who need financial assistance to move to Monash University to commence their studies. The scholarship provides a one-time payment of up to $3,000 to assist with relocation costs, such as travel expenses, accommodation, and other related expenses.
Who is Eligible for the Monash Relocation Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Monash Relocation Scholarship, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of a humanitarian visa.
- Be commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at Monash University.
- Be relocating from a regional or remote area to study at Monash University, or have experienced financial hardship due to your relocation.
- Demonstrate financial need and provide evidence of your financial situation.
- Meet any additional eligibility requirements specific to the scholarship.
How to Apply for the Monash Relocation Scholarship
To apply for the Monash Relocation Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Review the eligibility criteria and ensure that you meet the requirements.
Gather the required documents, including evidence of your financial situation, proof of Australian citizenship or residency, and proof of enrolment at Monash University.
- Complete the scholarship application form, providing accurate and relevant information.
- Submit the application by the specified deadline, paying close attention to any additional requirements, such as uploading documents or sending hard copies.
- Wait for Notification: After submitting your scholarship application, patiently wait for the official notification from Monash University regarding the outcome of your application.
- Follow Up and Acceptance: If you are successful, you will receive an offer letter or notification from Monash University. Follow the instructions provided to accept the scholarship, complete any further formalities, and provide any additional information or documents as requested.
- The Monash Relocation Scholarship provides much-needed financial assistance for students who may face financial difficulties in moving to Monash University. By applying for this scholarship, students can alleviate some of the financial burden and focus on their academic pursuits.
- You must be:
- Australian citizen
- A Kiwi
- Aussie citizen
- Australian humanitarian visa
Meet these requirements:
- New or continuing student
- Enrolling in a Monash undergraduate degree
- Selected as an Access Monash Mentor and able to mentor 2 mentees face-to-face
- Leadership, community service, and higher education commitment
- Starting students must have an ATAR of 80.00.
- Continuing students with at least two semesters must have a 65%
- Weighted Average Mark
- $1,500 per semester, maximum 1 year.
- Leadership and networking with Monash staff, alumni, and community leaders
- Funding determines number.
- Limited to new students.
Academic performance, Monash Mentor written application, and interview performance determine this scholarship.
Students from the following under-represented communities and those who can provide face-to-face mentoring at Access Monash partner schools in Melbourne’s outer south-eastern suburbs and Mornington Peninsula will be prioritised:
- Indigenous Aussies
- Low-income students
- Regional/remote school students
Keep this scholarship:
- Maintain active enrolment in a Monash University undergraduate degree and meet Access Monash Mentor requirements.
- Access Monash Mentor applications are required for this scholarship. 15 August–14 October 2022.
- VTAC accepts Year 12 scholarship applications from August 1 to October 7, 2022.
- This scholarship is non-deferrable.
Applications for semester one, 2023 scholarships closed at 12 midday Thursday 9 February 2023.
Before you begin:
- you will need your Monash student ID, a current Monash email account, your applicant id and password, username and password
- check which supporting documentation you may need to provide
- applications take 30 – 60 minutes to complete
- students employed full-time by Monash University, on a continuing basis or a fixed-term contract for 12 months or more, are ineligible to apply for coursework scholarships and grants
- You will be able to upload your supporting documentation at the end of the application.
- Label the PDF file with your full name and scholarship applicant ID
- Hard copy documentation that is posted will NOT be accepted
If you’re an international student and apply direct with Monash or through an agent, you’ll be automatically considered for merit scholarships.
A separate application form must be submitted for the:
- Monash International Leadership Scholarship
- Monash International Merit Scholarship.
- KC Kuok Scholarship
Deferring a scholarship
Some scholarships and grants can be deferred. Refer to the individual scholarship listings for further information study.
Research degree applicants
For masters by research or doctorate scholarships you must apply through the Monash Graduate Education
Applicants who apply for a course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) will automatically be considered for a range of scholarships. If you think you might be eligible for an equity scholarship, complete the VTAC scholarships application.
PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY READING:
- How To Write A Winning Resume For Scholarship Application (Complete Guide)
- Online Scholarships and Grants For Single Moms Over 30 You Can Apply Instantly
- Top 8 Short Certificate Programs that Pay Well 2023
- 6-Week Certification Programs Online and Offline That Pays Well
- Top 20 Free Online 2-4 Week Certificate Courses That Will Pay You Forever